Earlier this fall we wrote about why STEM Education was important, and how you could help. See the full article here.
Rochester Engineering Society’s Volunteer Coordinator Jon Kriegel has many opportunities in our classrooms that are looking for volunteers, and his focus this fall is identifying new volunteers and getting them matched up with area projects.
An informational meeting for anyone interested in volunteering will be held on November 5th at 7:00 PM at the Rochester Museum and Science Center.
This meeting is open to the public, and anyone interested in volunteering is encouraged to attend.
If you are able to attend, please register so that we can make sure we have enough space and materials: Click here to register.
Who should attend?
- Retired Engineers
- Engineers who work B or C shift
- Volunteers whose employer supports community involvement during the day
- Anyone with a STEM background that has time during the school day
What kind of Volunteer Opportunities are available?
- Classroom Visitation
- STEM Coaching
- Project Lead the Way Support
- First Robotics
- And many more – the more volunteers we have, the more opportunities we can support.
Please share this meeting announcement. The more potential volunteers we can connect with, the better!
For more information on this program, please call RES Volunteer Coordinator Jon Kriegel at (585) 281-5216.