As we wrap up our 2015-2016 STEM Recognition program, we’d like to share a little bit about the amazing programs that we got to know this year.
One of the goals of the Hub has been to highlight exceptional work that is already taking place throughout our area. It is our intention to have an impact on students by providing teachers and administrators with examples of great STEM activities that are happening around us. We want to INSPIRE others to engage students in meaningful STEM lessons throughout their years of school.
We used the NYS STEM Quality Learning Rubric as a guide to indicate the current status of programs as well as to provide them with a vision for future growth.
Over the next several weeks, the STEM Blog will feature these programs, providing a closer look at these award-winning programs that are enriching STEM experiences for our students throughout the Finger Lakes Region. We will feature a single school per blog post and include a brief description and some of the slides that they provided to us with their application. In the meantime, please enjoy the photos from our Recognition Event at the STANYS Central Western Section Science Exploration Days at St. John Fisher College on Friday, May 13th. There are too many to post, so please click here to view them via google. We thank STANYS and all of our sponsors for their incredible support!
2016 Award Winners (listed in alphabetical order):
- Brighton High School – Energy and Sustainability Course
- Churchville Chili School District – Garden of the Saints
- Eastridge High School – Project Lead the Way
- Brockport Central School: Fred W. Hill Elementary School STEM Program
- Greece Arcadia High School – Titan Memorial Hospital
- Greece Athena Middle School – 21st Century STEM Innovative Solutions Expo
- Lima Primary School – STEAM Education Program
- Seneca Falls: Mynderse Academy Robotics Club
- Nathaniel Rochester Community School NRCS Monthly STEM Challenges
- Nathaniel Rochester Community School – NRCS STEM School
- Nathaniel Rochester Community School – NRCS 3rGrade STEM Class
- Nathaniel Rochester Community School – NRCS Kindergarten Class
- Rochester Institute of Technology SMASH Experience for Girls
- Siena Catholic Academy – Ms. Vona’s 6tGrade STEM Class
- Sodus Middle/High School STEM Program – STEM Challenges Regional Event
- St. Louis School – STEM Lab
- Wayland-Cohocton High School STEAM Program (Timber Framing and Woodland Resources)
- Wheatland-Chili Central School District : K12 STEM Education Program
Learn more about our recognition program by visiting our program page on the Finger Lake STEM Hub website.