Last year, over 200 people came out to visit displays about alternative energy, ethanol, green building technologies, water fowl, etc. Additionally, there was an alternative energy/green car show, beach cleanup, and seedling planting event. Vendors were also selling environmentally friendly wares. This year, there will be 25 educational booths.
This exciting Earth Day event is sponsored by the New York State Parks, the Town of Hamlin, SUNY Brockport and the Hamlin Lions Club. Highlights this year include:
* Live Entertainment from the Dady Brothers from 1pm-2pm
* Beach Cleanup starting at 11:30 am along beach in areas 2&4
* Seedling plantings in the nursery
* Tour of CCC/POW site for planned interpretive trail (2:30pm)
* Free Tree seedlings to the first 100 attendees
* 89.1 The Point, The college Radio Station will be broadcasting LIVE!!
* Used eyeglasses and hearing aids collection to benefit the Lions Club
* Free Admission to the Park!
Date: Saturday, April 24, 2010
Location: Hamlin Beach State Park Area 4
Email Hmosher@brockport.edu for a flier or more information