Can you believe it’s already time to start thinking about summer? What a great time to look at the professional development opportunities that are available.
RAC-CEMS is pleased to announce that we will offer unique opportunities for learning and improvement by sponsoring seven STEM Teaching Institutes.
- Developing Mathematical Ideas: Building a System of Tens
- Inquiry in Earth Sciences
- Using Zebra Mussels for Good, Not Evil
- Finger Lakes Ecology Watershed Workshop
- Inquiry-based Interdisciplinary Mathematics, Science, Technology and Literacy
- Math, Science, and Technology Institute
- Hands-on Environmental Science Activities using GLOBE
Visit our webpage for detailed information and links to an online application. Online applications will be available March 2nd and are submitted directly to The Center for Excellence in Math and Science.
The institutes span grade levels and subjects areas, with emphasis placed on Math and Science. Each STEM Institute supports the NYS Learning Standards using active learning to deliver a high quality professional development experience.
We welcome any questions or comments regarding the Institutes via email or by responding to this blog. We appreciate the community’s continued support, and look forward to seeing you this summer!!!