The National Science Teachers Association is sponsoring a networking initiative called “Building a Presence” (BaP). By partnering with NYSED, the electronic network aims to create a state and national network for K-16 teachers of science in order to:
- Share resources about effective science teaching and learning
- Lessen science teacher isolation
- Help science teachers implement state and national science education standards in their schools
- Stimulate professional development opportunities for science teachers
- Provide teachers with resources to help all students learn science
New York State is seeking a point of contact in each school to receive email announcements and to share them with colleagues. If you are a Science teacher interested in joining this effort, or know someone else who is, please contact Nancy Ridenour for further details.