It might be hard to believe, but we are now half way through autumn and well on our way to another wonderful Rochester winter. While there are many things to look forward to in 2009, there are also many STEM events taking place in our area before the coming of the new year.
Below are some highlights:
- A General Astronomy Meeting will be held at RIT tonight at 7:30pm
- The Elementary Science Program (ESP) will hold 3 free PD workshops on various topics for specific grade levels (2nd, 3rd, and 4th)
- The Finger Lakes Institute will be hosting a number of community-based science presentations including a special three day event about the Love Canal neighborhood.
- Numerous grant and award applications are due for 2009 awards.
- And, on clear Saturday nights, the telescopes at the RMSC Planetarium will be in operation by the friendly members of Rochester Academy of Science (call ahead to double check).
More details on all of the above events can be found on the RAC-CEMS calendar at: http://www.raccems.org/events
If you know of an event that is not on our calendar, please let us know so we can add it to our listing.